Firmware Engineer CIS
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for talented FW Engineer to join us.
CIS group develops image sensors that are integrated in cameras of the leading smartphones manufacturers. The group faces both engineering and system challenges. Team members are expected to gain a deep understanding of all systems layers from block & IP level through chip & system up to user interfaces, and tightly collaborate with other teams (Algorithms, Analog, Digital, Verification, Application etc.)
We are looking for people with a broad set of technical skills, who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges, who have the ability to think out of the box and bring the disruptive technologies that will define our future.
What will you do?
The job includes a thorough study of the world of image sensors, hardware and software architecture, system and firmware designing and implementing.
• RT firmware development, review and maintenance.
• Implement firmware responsible for the entire system:
· Booting, HW IPs configuration, Control of Image processing blocks, implementing RT algorithms, communication with external IC, interfaces with the
· smartphones Application Processor, memory management and more.
• Implement and optimize algorithms taking advantage of HW accelerator.
• Develop low-level unit and system level test and verification.
• Influence system architecture, algorithms and hardware design.
• Find software solutions to image quality problems raised by customers.
B.Sc in computer\electrical\software engineering or computer science.
• At least 2 years of experience in firmware development.
• Extensive C programming experience. Writing efficient code with limited HW resources.
• Capability to understand the full system requirements, constrains and limitations.
• Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Capability to quickly grasp new fields and technologies.
• Experience with development and debugging of integrated hardware-software systems while hardware is still on development stage.
• Python and C++ programming experience.
• Experience with Arm, Cortex based CPUs.
• Algorithmic and analytic capabilities.
Apply for this position
2 Shoham st. 5251003, Ramat Gan, Israel