About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for ML Engineer to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
The Samsung Advanced Flash Solution Lab (AFSL) is part of Samsung’s memory business, the world’s largest manufacturer of memory and storage devices for mobile phones, personal computers, servers and data centers. In this highly competitive field, innovation is critical for the success of next generation products.
Our mission at AFSL is to augment Samsung’s memory and storage products with the newest innovative technologies, improving their capacity and performance many-fold, and to create next generation products.
We are a team of scientists and engineers that build on the latest advancements in our fields to invent new methods and applications of error correcting codes, machine learning, signal processing and more.
What will you do?
In this job you will join one of our bleeding-edge projects, working on new algorithms that are based on machine learning to improve memory devices. In this position you will:
- Design and apply algorithms, based on (among other things) data, machine learning, reinforcement learning, experiment analysis, statistical modeling, signal processing and error correction codes.
- Take part in the entire research cycle: the idea phase, collecting and analyzing the data, exploring algorithmic approaches and building proof-of-concepts.
- Implement the algorithms, visualizations and analyses in a scripting language (e.g Python), putting an emphasis on code quality, as part of a shared codebase.
- Perform and analyze experiments to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Communicate the results of your work to other team members by preparing intelligible reports that include clear graphs, analysis and explanations.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to accomplish tasks.
- Communicate with hardware and firmware designers that will implement the algorithm in the storage devices.
- Share your work in internal meetings and in internal or external conferences, journals and patent submissions.
- Learn new software frameworks, tools, and technical skills, as well as follow the latest developments in the fields relevant to your projects.
- Gradually acquire an increasing knowledge of memory systems, which will let you identify bottlenecks and opportunities, and to suggest new project ideas.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to mission critical inferential and decision making problems by leveraging or developing state of the art statistical and machine learning methodologies on top of Samsung next generation platforms.
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities within Samsung’s long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions.
- Outstanding BSc graduate or a PhD/MSc graduate in computer science or electrical engineering
- University graduate with GPA 85+
- 3+ years of experience in applying or developing machine learning methods as part of an R&D team
- Excellent task executor: knows how to handle a new task end-to-end independently with minimal guidance
- Demonstrable maturity and proficiency in probability theory, statistical inference theory, classical machine learning algorithms and deep learning
- Demonstrable maturity and proficiency in exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- Experience with Python and with packages such as NumPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc
- Demonstrable ability to produce high quality and readable code
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner
- Team player, positive, driven and fast learner.
- Open source projects in machine learning
- Knowledge in Linux, Docker, MLOps and MongoDB
- Knowledge in Communications Theory
- Knowledge in Error Correction Codes
- Knowledge in memory/storage systems
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103