About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for a ML Engineer to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
In this job, you will join one of our research projects, working on new algorithms that are based on machine learning to improve memory devices. In this position, you will:
- Design and apply algorithms, based on (among other things) data, machine learning, reinforcement learning, experiment analysis, statistical modeling, signal processing, error correcting codes.
- Take part in the entire research cycle: the idea phase, collecting and analyzing the data, exploring algorithmic approaches, building proofs-of-concept.
- Implement the algorithms, visualizations and analyses in a scripting language (e.g. Python), putting an emphasis on code quality, as part of a shared codebase.
- Perform and analyze experiments to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Communicate the results of your work to other team members by preparing intelligible reports that include clear visuals, analysis and explanations.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to accomplish tasks.
- Communicate with hardware and firmware designers that will implement the algorithm in the storage devices.
- Share you work in internal meetings and in internal or external conferences, journals and patent submissions.
- Learn new software frameworks, tools, and technical skills, as well as follow the latest developments in the fields relevant to your projects.
- Gradually acquire an increasing knowledge of memory systems, which will let you identify bottlenecks and opportunities, and to suggest new project ideas.
- BSc/MSc degree Cum Laude in computer science or electrical engineering.
- Knowledge in machine learning methods.
- Experience in Python and with packages such as NumPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc.
- Ability to initiate and drive open-ended research projects with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner.
- PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or any related field.
- Industry experience in machine learning.
- Knowledge in Communication Theory or Signal Processing.
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103