Storage Cybersecurity Researcher
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for a Machine Learning engineer for Storage Cybersecurity research to join us.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
The Samsung Advanced Flash Solution Lab (AFSL) is part of Samsung’s memory business, the world’s largest manufacturer of memory and storage devices for mobile phones, personal computers, servers and data centers. In this highly competitive field, innovation is critical for the success of next generation products.
Our mission at AFSL is to augment Samsung’s memory and storage products with the newest innovative technologies, improving their capacity and performance many-fold, and to create next
generation products. We are a team of scientists and engineers that build on the latest advancements in our fields to invent new methods and applications of error correcting codes, machine learning, signal processing and more.
What will you do
The new cybersecurity threats on our storage devices require new detection and protection solutions. In this job you will develop novel algorithms based on AI to detect threats on storage devices produced by Samsung, the world’s largest manufacturer of memory and storage devices, and protect against them.
- Design and apply algorithms, based on (among other things): time series classification, one class classification, other fields in machine learning, experiment analysis, statistical modeling, signal processing, and more.
- Work with the emerging blockchain technology.
- Design, implement and run simulations of computer and memory systems to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Perform and analyze experiments to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Write SW supporting your research in a high-level programming language (Python).
- Take part in the entire research cycle: the idea phase, collecting and analyzing the data, exploring algorithmic approaches, building proofs-of-concept.
- Communicate the results of your work to other team members by preparing intelligible reports that include clear visuals, analysis and explanations.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to accomplish tasks.
- Communicate with hardware and firmware designers that will implement the algorithm in the storage devices.
- Share you work in internal meetings and in internal or external conferences, journals and patent submissions.
- Learn new software frameworks, tools, and technical skills, as well as follow the latest developments in the fields relevant to your projects.
- Gradually acquire an increasing knowledge of memory systems, which will let you identify bottlenecks and opportunities, and to suggest new project ideas.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in at least one of the following: Time Series processing algorithms/ One-Class Classification algorithms/ Blockchain/ Cyber Security.
- Strong understanding of OO concepts and Proficiency in Python
- Knowledge in machine learning methods and packages such as NumPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Team player, positive, driven and fast learner
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in Time Series processing algorithms
- Experience in One-Class Classification algorithms
- Experience in Blockchain
- Experience in Cyber Security research
- Industry experience in machine learning
- Experience in development of simulations
- Substantial experience with Linux
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103