Blockchain and Distributed Storage Researcher
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for Blockchain and Distributed Storage Researcher to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
The Samsung Advanced Flash Solution Lab (AFSL) is part of Samsung’s memory business, the world’s leading manufacturer of memory and storage devices for mobile phones, personal computers, servers and data centers. In this highly competitive field, innovation is critical for the success of next generation products.
Our mission at AFSL is to augment Samsung’s memory and storage products with the newest innovative technologies, improving their capacity and performance many-fold, and to create next generation products.
We are a team of scientists and engineers that build upon the latest advancements in our fields to invent new methods and applications of error correcting codes, machine learning, signal processing and more.
What will you do:
Blockchain is an emerging technology that has a potential to cause a substantial disintermediation in a wide variety of industries verticals, including FinTech, Internet of Things (IoT), Health, Supply Chains and many more.
In this position you will analyze blockchain protocols, evaluate system performance bottlenecks and develop new IPs that can be integrated in future Samsung storage products in order to support the blockchain technology.
Specifically, you will analyze new blockchain consensus algorithms such as Proof of Storage and design novel techniques and algorithms for distributed storage.
You will Take part in the entire research cycle:
- The idea phase, collecting and analyzing the data, exploring algorithmic approaches, building proofs-of-concept.
- Perform and analyze experiments to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Communicate the results of your work to other team members by preparing intelligible reports that include clear visuals, analysis and explanations.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to accomplish tasks.
- Communicate with hardware and firmware designers that will implement the algorithm in the storage devices.
- Publish you work in conferences, journals and patent submissions.
- PhD/MSc degree in CS, EE, Mathematics or related degree
- Experience analyzing blockchain protocols
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies
- Experience in C++
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner
- Experience with distributed storage systems
- Specialization in Cryptography
- Significant experience in applying or developing machine learning methods
- Portfolio of publications, patents or open source projects in related fields
- Industry experience working as part of a research team
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103