Senior ML Engineer
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for Senior ML Engineer to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
The Samsung Advanced Flash Solution Lab (AFSL) is part of Samsung’s memory business, the world’s leading manufacturer of memory and storage devices for mobile phones, personal computers, servers and data centers. In this highly competitive field, innovation is critical for the success of next generation products.
Our mission at AFSL is to augment Samsung’s memory and storage products with the newest innovative technologies, improving their capacity and performance many-fold, and to create next generation products.
We are a team of scientists and engineers that build upon the latest advancements in our fields to invent new methods and applications of error correcting codes, machine learning, signal processing and more.
What will you do:
In this job, you will join one of our research projects, working on new algorithms that are based on machine learning to improve memory devices.
- Design and apply algorithms, based on (among other things) data, machine learning, reinforcement learning, experiment analysis, statistical modeling, signal processing, error correcting codes.
- Take part in the entire research cycle: the idea phase, collecting and analyzing the data, exploring algorithmic approaches, building proofs-of-concept.
- Implement the algorithms, visualizations and analyses in a scripting language (e.g. Python), putting an emphasis on code quality, as part of a shared codebase.
- Perform and analyze experiments to improve our understanding of various effects in the memory devices.
- Communicate the results of your work to other team members by preparing intelligible reports that include clear visuals, analysis and explanations.
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to accomplish tasks.
- Communicate with hardware and firmware designers that will implement the algorithm in the storage devices.
- Share you work in internal meetings and in internal or external conferences, journals and patent submissions.
- Learn new software frameworks, tools, and technical skills, as well as follow the latest developments in the fields relevant to your projects.
- Gradually acquire an increasing knowledge of memory systems, which will let you identify bottlenecks and opportunities, and to suggest new project ideas.
- PhD/MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematic, statistics, physics or any related field.
- Significant experience in applying or developing machine learning methods.
- Demonstrable maturity and proficiency in at least some of the following applied disciplines: probability theory, statistical inference theory, signal processing, reinforcement learning, deep learning, communication theory, error correction codes, memory/storage systems.
- Proficiency in Python (or similar environments), and with packages such as NumPy, scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc.
- Demonstrable ability to produce high quality and readable code.
- Ability to initiate and drive open-ended research projects with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner.
- Portfolio of publications, patents or open source projects in machine learning.
- +3 years of industry experience working as part of a research team.
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103