SW and FW Team Lead
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for SW and FW Team Lead to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
The Samsung Advanced Flash Solution Lab (AFSL) is part of Samsung’s memory business, the world’s largest manufacturer of memory and storage devices.
In this highly competitive field, innovation is critical for the success of next generation products.
AFSL is an innovation center and our mission is to augment Samsung’s memory and storage products with the newest innovative technologies, improving their capacity and performance many-fold, create next generation products, write patents and publish in leading academic journals.
We are a team of scientists and engineers that builds on the latest advancements in our fields to invent new methods of machine learning, error correcting codes, signal processing and more.
We are looking for a candidate who will lead a multidisciplinary FW and SW team that is responsible for:
- FW implementation of algorithms and IPs that are invented in AFSL, to be integrated in Samsung’s next generation products.
- Design implement and maintain AFSL’s SW infrastructures required for research and development activities using latest tools and methods available in the industry.
- Be responsible for SW and HW outsourcing projects, from projects initiation to completion, including defining requirements, approving design reviews, giving guidance and performing acceptance tests.
- Responsibility for AFSL’s advanced laboratory’s equipment, systems and database.
- Development of automation and data collection tools for new cyber security activity.
- Define AFSL’s SW development methodologies
- Support and guide all AFSL’s researchers and engineers in various SW and infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with DevOps and IT teams.
- B.Sc in CS or EE from leading university
- 4+ years of experience as a SW/FW/Embedded team leader
- Proficiency in C and C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with Agile and continuous integration methodologies.
- Working with ARM processors family, debugging environments and tools
- HW IP’s bring up experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Linux OS experience
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB
- Experience in defining SW architecture of complex systems
- Demonstrated experience in product releases throughout the entire development cycle (preferably multidisciplinary system)
- Experience in recruiting new team members
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player, positive, driven and fast learner.
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103