Leading Image Quality Engineer
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for Leading Image Quality Engineer to join our team.
Samsung (SIRC), shaping the world of tomorrow, Today. Focusing beyond the horizon and pushing exciting developments in many key areas of technology. Samsung is creating a new era of continuous innovation, bringing value and contribution to society and creating a workplace where our employees can enjoy making the most of their talent, creativity and passion.
Our company produces highly challenging Image Signal Processing chains for digital cameras, and state-of-the-art imaging and sensing devices. Our customers are worldwide leading mobile and automotive-systems suppliers. The Application group leads product assimilation for customer applications.
For that purpose, the group is building customer-dedicated SW tools, creating the infrastructure for verifying product functionality and actively supporting our customers. In addition, the group is dealing with Image Signal Processing (ISP) validation and tuning for optimizing Image Quality.
What will you do?
The Image Quality Engineer (IQE) is responsible for ensuring digital Algorithmic chains are providing world class Image Quality (IQ). The IQE will be familiar with common IQ evaluation tools and methods, and will be independent to define the criteria for a wide range of Algorithms, together with the Algorithms R&D group and according to customers and market familiarity.
Ø IQ Tuning
- Expert-level knowledge of IQ artifacts and issues in the Automotive field.
- Expert-level familiarity with relevant calibration and tuning tools in the Automotive field.
- Learn ISP block functionality, and be able to identify its main trade-offs, its limitations and its risk points.
Ø Image Quality Verification (IQV)
- IQE will be familiar with IQV methods (Subjective, Objective etc.)
- IQE will be responsible for the bring-up of relevant competition, and perform competitive analysis for Algorithmic chains.
- Work with Algorithm developers to articulate acceptance criteria and communicate test efforts
Ø Running and managing test-plan and test-cases
- Ability to read block-Application-notes documents, and to derive IQV-specification document.
- Prepare, deploy and test builds as required
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate IQV activities
- BSc in a relevant field (Engineering, Physics, Chemistry)
- 5+ years of experience in the field of ISP IQ analysis, tuning, validation and enhancement
- Customer oriented approach.
- Good presentation and communication skill set.
- Willing to travel abroad as part of the job.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience and involvement with bring-up of Automotive projects.
- Hands on experience working with and debugging functionality test boards.
- Customer support experience.
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103