Computer Vision and Deep learning Algorithm Engineer
About The Position
Samsung R&D Center is looking for a Computer Vision and Deep Learning Algorithm Engineer to join our team.
Samsung Israel Research Center (SIRC) is at the cutting edge of R&D conducted at Samsung with core contributions to hundreds of Samsung products. With employees at the top of their field in disciplines ranging from algorithms to digital and analog design, SIRC ingenuity and innovation is inside billions of devices shipped world-wide every year.
The Advanced Sensor group works on high-value research projects that have the potential to make high-impact contributions to products and business processes. We believe a “go big or go home” attitude that is deeply rooted in engineering excellence and interdisciplinary collaboration is the best way to make contributions that matter. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply below to come join us!
What will you do?
- Design, implement and evaluate computer vision algorithms across various stages of project maturity, from research to deployment of production grade systems.
- Explore the connections between classic image processing and learning based approaches and find the right combination of tools for the task.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to analyze experimental outcomes, determine research directions and overcome technical challenges.
- Build, analyze and curate datasets for machine learning pipelines to identify domain gaps between training, testing and production.
Clearly and succinctly communicate development status, experimental results and conclusions to team members and colleagues from various technical disciplines.
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mathematics / Physics / similar field.
- At least 5 years of academic and industry experience as an algorithms researcher.
- Experience in the full development cycle of classic and learning based models.
- Theoretical understanding of machine learning and deep learning.
- Strong technical abilities in object-oriented programming, preferably in Python.
- Proficiency with at least one deep learning framework.
- The ability to communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner.
- A critical thinker with a can-do attitude and passion for solving hard problems.
- Experience in image and signal processing.
- Experience in real-time/embedded deep learning applications.
- Knowledge in optics and photography.
Apply for this position
Azrieli Town, 146 Menachem Begin Rd., Tel Aviv, Israel, 6492103